Monday, December 20, 2010




Pop Art Relic: Emblem of the End of Art
Completed September 2010
On loan to Phoenix Ostermann Salt Lake City, UT

I am really excited about this piece, my first true assemblage. I thought that the use of a found container would be limiting, yet it has been the opposite. Thanks to Frank McEntire and his constant prodding, I will be using this method more.

big boy1

A Piece of the American Diet
Completed March 2010
The relic, under glass in the belly of Bob, is hamburger.
On loan to Phoenix Ostermann Salt Lake City, UT

Upon completing this combination of Bob's Big Boy, a candlestick, and a marble ashtray I started a collecting campaign that has not come to an end. I am acquiring advertising cartoon icons in order to fashion them into statuary reliquaries housing a variety of different objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment