Thursday, December 15, 2016

Homestead Relics II
11.5" x 23" x 2" wood frame with cast figures and cross stitch sampler under glass





I adore these cast figures, they bring to mind my gr-grandparents Franklin Peter Herndon (1889-1964) and Ludy Lula Ruohonen (1895-1988).  I love my mothers stories about them and her time living in their home while her mom was in a TB hospital. Their home is pictured below, Frank grew up in this house and Ludy next door. Unfortunately the home in no longer standing. The Herndons and Ruohonens homesteaded next to each other in Fall City, WA. 


The cross stitch is a found piece that I have had for several years.  I loved it at first site, somehow in it's colors and simple pattern it contains so much about the ideal home I strive for.




No comments:

Post a Comment